Commerce Building Opens Categories: Locations Timelines: Culverhouse Centennial
In the fall of 1928, construction was completed for the Commerce Building, the Commerce School’s first building, and opened for the fall semester. The Commerce Building was a dream of Dean Lee Bidgood’s and would later be named after him in 1952. The building originally housed 14 classrooms and multi-purpose rooms as well as 16 offices. The Commerce Building was dedicated on October 22nd, 1928 on the University’s Homecoming.